Multiple effective Data Recovery Techniques by using PC-3000
What happens when the hardware you are having gets damaged or is locked by a password which doesn’t allow you to enter? In most cases, it would be left without any further action. But with the PC- 3000 UDMA, you can unravel almost any hard drive. The PC 3000 is a unique recovery tool that can communicate with the drive in case of damage or lock with the help of vendor-specific commands to change the drive to kernel mode. The kernel-mode is the one that is employed by the manufacturer to provide easy read or write control to the firmware modules like Microcode Overlays, HDD Configuration Tables, Defects Tables, SMART Attributes, Security Subsystem, Adaptives, etc.
This guide focuses on how you can use PCC 3000 SDD to recover data from HDD.
The functionality of PC 3000
Let us first understand the working principle of the unique recovery tool.
A Hard Disk Drive (HDD) comprises three crucial parts:
- The Hard Drive Assembly
- The printed circuit board and
- The internal software.
If any of the above three-part is damaged the HDD will stop working. With the help of the PC-3000, you can diagnose the HDD, secure the damaged HDD modules, turn off defective heads, and restrict access to the magnetic surfaces that are damaged, gain access to the user data, and a plethora of functions like password recovery.
There are two different modes offered by the recovery tool. You can diagnose HDD either in the standard that is the user mode or the technological (factory) mode. The HDD is shifted into a technological mode to gain entry to the internal HDD software and a plethora of user data using special adaptors.
To carry out the diagnostic process you have to launch the universal utility of PC 3000. The universal utility diagnoses HDD in the user mode. Once the diagnosis begins; the following things are checked first
- If the hard drive is identified
- If the Hard drive is locked using a password.
- See the user data access by LBA
- Check the HDD translation system, see if it has any malfunction, or check if it has a special vendor-specific utility that is intended for an HDD vendor, used to fix the drive and enter the user data in technological mode.
Recovery using the PC 3000
The PC-3000 offers a plethora of functions to repair HDDs. It allows the investigator to perform a variety of functions like as follows
- To overwrite FLASH ROM
- To turn off magnetic heads that are damaged
- To find and avoid the damage in the HDD service area and more.
There are 5 main HDD repair stages:
- First, the investigator diagnoses the HDD using the tool. It helps in deciding how difficult it is to mend HDD and if it is worth the time and effort.
- The investigator checks the Magnetic heads and the bad ones are disabled.
- The service area of HDD is diagnosed. Service information is checked in all the copies of HDD. Damaged modules are recovered or overwritten in accordance with reference data.
- Searching the bad sectors and tracks on HDD surfaces and hiding them. In case of seriously damaged surfaces and numerous bad sectors, this surface area is disabled.
Get your hands on the PCC 3000 to make password recovery and hard drive repair a cakewalk. Request a demo today from Pelorus to experience the true potential of pc-3000.