REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Job Location: Mumbai/Delhi/Chennai
Experience Required: 5 years plus
Position – Regional Sales Manager
The work of an IT Sales professional falls into three main areas:
- Pre-sales – giving detailed information about technical specifications and the ways in which they could meet a customer’s needs
- Sales – negotiating a commercial agreement to the benefit of both the customer and supplier
- Post-sales (or after-sales) – providing the support of software.
As an IT sales professional, you’ll need to:
- Speak to customers, either face to face or over the phone.
- Gain an understanding of customers’ diverse and specific business needs and apply product knowledge to meet them.
- Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers’ systems and processes, and then documenting them.
- Carry out cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings.
- Identify and develop new business through networking and follow-up courtesy calls.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations of software products to customers.
- Market and promote a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and attending industry events.
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing software systems .
- Develop effective sales plans using sales methodology.
- Provide technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale.
- Meet sales targets set by management and contribute to team targets.
- Network with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades.
- Handle software problems and faults, referring on to specialist technical colleagues where appropriate.
- Respond to tender documents, proposals, reports and supporting literature
- Manage workload in order to organize and priorities daily and weekly goals.
- Contribute to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
Education Qualification preferred Business management/ Computer science/Software engineering or computer or Electronic engineering (While a relevant degree is not always essential, subjects with high technical content, or a business management component, and may be favoured by employers.)
- A good level of technical understanding, with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses – though having technical skills before you start isn’t essential.
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude, passion, dedication and focus.
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Time-management skills and the ability to priorities’ your workload.
- Articulate, persuasive and influential verbal communication skills.
- The role is office based, but often involves travelling to clients’ premises.
- Office locations may change according to the needs of the company, so flexibility and mobility are often prerequisites.
CONNECT WITH US
We like to create things with fun, open-minded people. Feel free to say hello.