Optical Laser Source passes a laser beam through a fiber optic cable in order to identify any loss or attenuation over a short range of area. It emits light of various wavelengths of a high range on either continuous or pulse format mode.
CONSTRUCTION AND WORKING
- The optical laser source comprises of a battery, an electronic circuitry and multiple laser diodes.
- There are multiple laser diode placed inside for multiple wavelengths. One diode cannot supply two or more wavelengths.
- The battery initiates the electronic circuitry in the laser source as soon as it is switched on.
- The electronic circuitry drives the laser diode to emit light.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The range of power lies between 0dBm to -6dBm.
- The range of set wavelengths offered are- 850nm, 1300nm, 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, 1625nm and 1650nm.
- It has a wide application in testing the losses and in health monitoring of fibers.
- It can be used in online fiber monitoring system.
- It finds its application in VFL (visual fault locator).